The Finance department is responsible for planning, organizing, auditing, accounting for and controlling the company’s finances. The department takes care of accounts payable and accounts receivable, manages cash & bank, monitors and calculates inventory value, fixed assets, general ledger, cost of sales calculation, and tax declarations. It also supports Management and other departments with data analysis, and reports to HQ.
The Administrative assistant is responsible for day-to-day financial administration activities.
- Processing, entry and payment of supplier invoices (including Intercompany transactions);
- Processing, entry and payment of employee expense reports;
- Processing, entry and filing of bank statements;
- Sales invoicing;
- Processing and follow-up of pro forma invoices;
- Processing and follow-up of customer complaints (credit invoices);
- Periodical accounts receivable analysis and reporting;
- Assist in the preparation of salary payments;
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly balance sheet, P&L statement and ad-hoc reports to local, corporate and SOX requirements;
- Assist in maintaining fixed assets register;
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly VAT declaration;
- Assist in preparation of audit file;
- Preparation surveys (CBS);
- Initiate and participate in improving projects, focused on harmonizing administrative procedures and accounting policies;
- Accurate checking and processing of supplier and customer invoices;
- Communicate with other departments, and external parties.
- Observe Company financial rules;
- Meet dead lines;
- Maintain proper and up-to date documentation and filing;
- Maintain general ledger.
- Educational or professional level MBO;
- Fluency in Dutch, and English (written and orally), French proficiency is a plus;
- Accounting knowledge and experience;
- Basic knowledge of VAT;
- Affinity with related process, e.g. sales and purchases;
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. Exact, AccountView etc).
- Pro-active attitude with regard to possible improvements to administration;
- Ability to prioritize work and work to tight deadlines;
- A flexible team player who adapts easily to new developments.
- Able to work accurately in a possible busy working environment